Dr. Herzwurm is a board eligible orthopaedic surgeon who joined Legend Orthopedics in 2023. Dr. Herzwurm is an Augusta native who returned after completing a Foot and Ankle Fellowship at Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa, FL. Previously, Dr. Herzwurm completed his orthopedic residency training and medical school education at the Medical College of Georgia. He is also a proud University of Georgia graduate in 2012.
During his time at Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Dr. Herzwurm received training in minimally invasive correction, total ankle replacements, ankle trauma, Achilles repairs and reconstruction, forefoot reconstruction. He specializes in Foot and Ankle surgery, seeing all conditions including hammertoes, bunions, arthritis, fractures, sports injuries, and total ankle replacements.
- Foot and Ankle
- General Orthopedics
Education and Training
- Fellowship - Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Foot and Ankle, 2023
- Residency - Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, 2022
- Medical School - Medical College of Georgia, 2016
- Undergraduate - University of Georgia, 2012
Certifications and Affiliations
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Georgia Orthopedic Society
- Board Eligible Orthopedic Surgeon